DULUTH, Ga. (March 10, 2023) – The Georgia Swarm is rolling on a two-game win streak after defeating the Albany FireWolves twice in a row. The Swarm invite the Rochester Knighthawks to town for the second time this season, looking for redemption over the club as Georgia fell, 16-11 on opening day (Dec. 3, 2022).
The Georgia Swarm (2-7) moved up in the NLL standings, sitting in sixth entering this weekend’s matchup while the Rochester Knighthawks (8-3) currently reside in third place. The Swarm are 3-1 against the Knighthawks all-time, falling for the first time ever earlier this season. Georgia is 1-1 at home versus Rochester, securing an overtime win during the 2021-22 season.
Georgia saw its first player crack the NLL top-20 points leaderboard, in Lyle Thompson. Lyle Thompson ranks 16th, recording 53 points (25G, 28A) throughout nine games. Rochester sees Connor Fields rank seventh overall in points, registering 66 (33G, 33A).
Lyle Thompson tops the team in points (53), and goals (25) while Andrew Kew leads the squad in assists, notching 30. Kew ranks second on the team in points (51) and goals (21), recording four points (2G, 2A) the first time he faced Rochester this season.
Behind Fields in team points, goals, and assists, is Holden Cattoni, totaling 51 points, 24 goals, and 27 assists. Second year forward, Ryan Smith sits third in offensive statistics, notching 48 points, 21 goals, and 27 assists.
Georgia ranks second overall in power play record, sinking 23-of-38 (61 percent), man up opportunities. The Swarm defense ranks eighth in penalty killing record, stopping 16-of-30 (53 percent) power plays. The last time Georgia faced Rochester; the Swarm’s defense held the Knighthawks scoreless on their lone man-up opportunity. Rochester’s backline leads the league in penalty kills, stopping 25-of-37-advantages while its offense sunk 22-of-45 (49 percent) power plays, ranking ninth.
Brett Dobson remains to be the Swarm starter in net, recording two wins, a .770 save percentage, and 222 saves. Last week, Dobson posted 40 saves, a .833 save percentage, and eight goals against, earning his second between the pipes. Ryan Hartley has played all 11 games for the Knighthawks, totaling eight wins, 465 saves, a .800 save percentage, and a 10.70 goals against average.
Georgia and Rochester go head-to-head this Sunday, March 12 at 4:00 P.M. ET in Gas South Arena. Following the matchup, Georgia goes on a two-game away stretch before returning home on Friday, March 31. Next up, the Swarm face the Philadelphia Wings for the second time this season on Saturday, March 18 at 11:00 A.M. ET. in Philadelphia.
Where to Watch
- Watch LIVE and in person for tickets as low as $15 a seat at georgiaswarm.com/tickets
- ESPN+ – Use your ESPN+ account (or create a new one) to watch the game live Sunday, March 12, 2023, and all season long
- Watch in person at six Gwinnett County Taco Mac locations: Buford, Cumming, Duluth, Johns Creek, Lawrenceville & Suwanee
- TSN+ – If located in Canada, you can log into your TSN account to watch the game live Sunday, March 12, 2023, and all season long
- Shayne Jackson needs three goals to reach 300 in his career.
- This is the fifth meeting all-time between the two franchises
- Georgia holds a 3-1 record over Rochester in the all-time series
- The Swarm are 1-1 against the Knighthawks at home
- Rochester won the last matchup between the two clubs, winning 16-11 in Duluth, Ga.
- Last season, Georgia edged Rochester, 17-16 in overtime in Gas South Arena
- Both the Swarm and Knighthawks have combined for 40 goals each in the last three meetings
- Georgia ranks second in overall power play record, sinking 23-of-38 (61 percent) man-up opportunities
- The Swarm’s defense ranks eighth in penalty kills, stopping 16-of-30 (53 percent) advantages
- The Swarm offense averages 10.78 goals per game, scoring a high of 20 against Albany on Feb. 25
- Brett Dobson posts two wins, 222 saves, a .770 save percentage, and an 11.22 goals against average
- Lyle Thompson ranks 16th in NLL points, totaling 53 after notching 25 goals and 28 assists
- Andrew Kew leads the Swarm in assists (30) while ranking second in points (51) and goals (21)
- Shayne Jackson ranks third on the team in points (35), goals (15), and assists (20)
- Jeremy Thompson now ranks third all-time in NLL faceoff wins, he secured 103 so far this season, posting a 51 percent clip
- Jeremy Thompson leads the squad in loosies, picking up 82
- TJ Comizio totals 17 caused turnovers across nine games, ranking first on the team
- Adam Wiedmeann ranks third in NLL defender goals (6) and fifth in defender points (13)
- Mike Manley leads the squad in blocked shots, stopping eight this season
Eyes on the Knighthawks
- Rochester ranks sixth in goals for per game, averaging 12.36
- Rochester’s backline ranks first in penalty kills, stopping 25-of-37 (68 percent) power plays
- The Knighthawks’ offense ranks ninth in power plays, converting 22-of-45 (49 percent) man-up opportunities
- Ryan Hartley logs 661:23 minutes between the pipes, totaling eight wins, 465 saves, a .800 save percentage, and a 10.70 goals against average
- Connor Fields ranks third in league goals, totaling 33 as well as ranks seventh in NLL points (66)
- Holden Cattoni ranks second on the team in points (51), goals (24), and assists(27)
- Austin Hasen sits seventh among NLL rookies in points, notching 12 (3G, 9A)
- Matt Gilray and Ryland Rees both total 14 caused turnovers this season, tying each other for first on the team
- Paul Dawson marks nine blocks this season, leading the Knighthawks’ squad