DULUTH, Ga. (December 2, 2021) – December 4, 2021, marks the first time the Georgia Swarm compete together in an NLL regular season game in 21 months. To kick off the 2021-22 season the boys in their brand new home blues host the Colorado Mammoth at Harrah’s Cherokee Resort and Casino Field at Gas South Arena.
The last time the two teams faced each other was on Dec. 28, 2019 here in Georgia when the Swarm fell to the Mammoth, 13-11. The Swarm had a two-point lead after three quarters but were outscored by Colorado 5-1 in the final frame. 2020 NLL MVP Shayne Jackson recorded six points after netting a hat trick and doling out three assists. Lyle Thompson was second on the team in points, assisting on four goals and notching one goal while Jordan Hall’s four assists were critical to the Swarm’s potent attack. Netminder Mike Poulin totaled 32 saves throughout the night, stopping 11 Colorado shots in the first quarter.
The 13 Swarm veterans and eight new faces look for redemption over the Mammoth, as Georgia has fallen to Colorado in the last two-straight meetings in close contests.
News & Notes:
- Georgia trails Colorado 19-9 in the all-time series but has won five of the meetings at home
- In the last contest against the Mammoth, the Swarm landed six more shots on net than Colorado (51-45)
- In the last game on Harrah’s Cherokee Resort and Casino Field (March 8, 2020) Jackson led the returning veterans in goals and points tallying three and six, respectively; Lyle Thompson topped the returning squad in assists totaling four
- Georgia has won two-straight games on opening day; during the 2019-20 season the Swarm took down the Rochester Knighthawks 14-4
- Jackson is three points away from achieving 600th career point
- With six more wins in net Mike Poulin can become the fourth goalie all-time with 100 wins
- Thirteen veterans return in Navy and Gold as eight new faces suit up with the Swarm for the first time; Craig Wende rejoins the team this season as he spent the 2019-20 season with the Rochester Knighthawks
- Thirteen first-round draft picks make up the 2021-22 Georgia Swarm Roster, four of which were drafted in 2020 (Robert Hudson, Jeff Henrick, Ethan Walker and Laine Hruska)
- Although this is Vaughn Harris’ first season with the Swarm it marks his fourth season playing in the NLL
Where to Watch:
- Peachtree TV in Atlanta Metro Area – watch the game live on Saturday, December 4 at 7 pm ET
- ESPN+ – Use your ESPN+ account (or create a new one) to watch the game live Saturday, December 4 at 7 pm ET