FINAL SCORE: Mammoth 13, Swarm 11
After a close back-and-forth for three quarters, the Swarm ultimately fell to the Mammoth 13-11, finishing 2019 with their first loss of the season. The Swarm led 10-8 going into the fourth quarter, but the Mammoth rallied and prevented the Swarm offense from finding late success.
Shayne Jackson (3G, 3A) and Randy Staats (6A) led the Swarm in points with six each, followed by Lyle Thompson with five points (1G, 4A). Mike Poulin earned his first loss after making 33 saves, finishing the night with a .717 SV%.
The Swarm take a bye week before returning to Harrah’s Cherokee Casino Field at Infinite Energy Arena on Saturday, Jan. 11 to take on the Buffalo Bandits. Face-off is set for 7:00 p.m.
The Swarm are celebrating Lacrosse Out Cancer Night and will wear special purple uniforms, signifying early detection and the fight against all forms of cancer. Each jersey bears the names of those affected by cancer on the back, and the game-worn uniforms will be signed and auctioned following the game’s conclusion, with proceeds benefiting the Rally Foundation. Tickets are available by visiting GeorgiaSwarm.com/CancerNight or by calling 844-4-GASWARM.
4Q – Mammoth 13, Swarm 11
- SWARM SCORERS: Shayne Jackson – 1G, Jordan Hall – 1A, Randy Staats – 1A
- Swarm falter in fourth quarter and are unable to match pace with the Mammoth’s five-goal onslaught.
3Q – Mammoth 9, Swarm 10
- SWARM SCORERS: Miles Thompson – 1G, Bryan Cole – 2 PTS (1G, 1A), Zed Williams – 1G, Shayne Jackson – 1G, Lyle Thompson – 1G, Randy Staats – 2A, Jordan Hall – 1A
- Five-goal quarter for the Swarm creates separation. Zed Williams recorded his hat trick
2Q – Mammoth 5, Swarm 5
- SWARM SCORERS: Bryan Cole – 1G, Zed Williams – 1G, Lyle Thompson – 1A, Shayne Jackson – 1A
- Defensive back-and-forth continues as the Mammoth tie things up at halftime.
1Q – Mammoth 2, Swarm 3
- SWARM SCORERS: Miles Thompson – 1G, Zed Williams – 1G, Shayne Jackson – 3 PTS (1G, 2A), Randy Staats – 1A, Lyle Thompson – 1A
- Tonight’s starting netminders: Mike Poulin for the Swarm, Dillon Ward for the Mammoth